Cardiac rehabilitation is a customized program of exercise and education designed to help you recover after a heart attack, from other forms of heart disease or after surgery to treat heart disease. The customized treatment plan at Alden Estates of Skokie – CardioPro™ – includes closely monitored exercise, nutritional counseling, emotional support, and education.
Individualized Plan of Care
Throughout your stay, your condition and progress are monitored 24/7 by a specially trained team of licensed therapists and nursing staff. Our patients also benefit from heart-healthy practices such as a nutritious diet, daily exercise routines on state-of-the-art equipment, and learning to cope with stress.
Exercise and Health
During cardiac rehabilitation, you will learn how to:
- Increase your physical activity and exercise safely
- Follow a heart-healthy diet
- Reduce your risk for future heart problems
- Improve your overall emotional health and well-being
Cardiac rehabilitation programs, like CardioPro, have been consistently shown to improve exercise tolerance and improve a patient’s well-being. At Alden Estates of Skokie, your therapy goals may allow you to:
- Reduce subsequent hospitalizations
- Return to meaningful vocational and leisure activities
- Increase your tolerance for exercise
- Reduce significant complications
The goals of CardioPro are to help you regain strength, prevent your condition from worsening and reduce your risk of future heart problems.